Online EAL / ESOL Tutors for Young People who require support in learning English as an Additional Language required in Suffolk.
Multiple positions are available and hiring is ongoing to meet the wide variety of needs we support.
We are looking for Online EAL / ESOL Tutors with a genuine passion for transforming the lives of disengaged, at-risk, and vulnerable learners in Suffolk and Nationwide.
At Targeted Provision our mission is to raise the standard of educational support offered to vulnerable young people in the UK. We keep the team around the child and you will be supported throughout every placement by our team of Support Specialists.
This role is perfect for EAL / ESOL teachers who are eager to work with children and young people with a variety of learning needs in a creative, flexible, holistic and trauma-informed manner to raise their engagement and drastically improve the outlook of their educational journey.
What we offer our Online EAL / ESOL Tutors:
- Flexible part-time hours to suit your schedule
- All of the benefits of a remote job and online teaching assignments that let you work from home
- Extensive CPD and upskilling opportunities, including access to the full Tes CPD suite while working with us
- A Support Team dedicated to keeping a team around the child, and ensuring that every placement is a success for the young person and you
- We invite every active tutor to join our tutor community, where our tutors and ourselves share best practice, resources, and tips
- A place as part of a child-centred company committed to transforming the world of support for vulnerable young people for the better
The Online EAL / ESOL Tutor role:
- This role will involve providing tuition to young people referred to Targeted Provision
- These young people are referred to us by local authorities and schools and will require some level of support in their educational and social-emotional journey
- If selected, your role will be to provide this support via flexible and holistic trauma-informed tutoring and mentoring
Online EAL / ESOL Tutor tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning each session of tutoring / mentoring
- Providing the young person with holistic and engaging sessions which meet their needs and advance their educational and social-emotional journey
- Completing lesson reports and providing feedback on the young person's progress
Online EAL / ESOL Tutor requirements:
- Professional Teaching Qualifications (for e.g. CELTA, TEFL, TESOL)
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Experience working with young people with EAL
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes
- Enhanced DBS (we can help obtain this at cost if needed)
- Two professional references
- You must be based in the UK with the right to work in the UK, even for remote / online assignments
It is a strict requirement that you have the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people and follow safeguarding policies and procedures at all times.
Online EAL / ESOL Tutor employment Status:
- This position involves engaging with us as a Worker, to provide short-term engagements as and when they arise
- You will work through a contract for service and will be paid via PAYE
- We do not offer any set amount of work nor expenses coverage
- Our insurance covers the work you do for us
- This is not a self-employed tutoring / self-employed teaching position
We look forward to receiving your CV, outlining your relevant skills and experience that can help make a difference.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two weeks.
We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. The over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK are disproportionately constituted of minority and LGBTQIA+ communities, as well as people with disabilities, refugees and migrants, and people living with mental health conditions. It is integral to our mission of raising the standard of support for the UK's vulnerable learners that we engage tutors from all backgrounds so that our tutors can share/relate to the experiences of our students.
We take Safer Recruitment seriously. All candidates must pass through our strict processes to ensure their suitability to work with children and young people before being considered for work with us.
Interviews are being scheduled on a rolling basis.
Relevant Job Titles / Previous Experience:
Individuals with highly relevant experience from teaching background often have worked in the following roles:
- SENCo (Special Education Needs Coordinator)
- SLD / MLD Teacher
- Autism / ADHD Support Teacher
- Intervention Specialist
Other highly relevant roles from therapeutic and learning support background include:
- Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- Educational Therapist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Educational Psychologist
- Inclusion Coordinator
If you hold one of these roles, meet our requirements, and are considering a career change please do consider applying with us.